Jonathan Rea recorded his first win of the season in Imola, making 2019 his 11th winning season, equalling the record of Noriyuki Haga: so far only theJapanese rider was able to win in 11 different seasons.
Rea has recorded one win in each season he has started in WorldSBK, missing out only in 2008when he entered the Portimao weekend as a Rookie.
- 11 is also a magic number for Rea as he was able to stop Bautista’s winning streak at 11, keeping the shared lead in the all-time record streak of wins(Rea had won last year from Laguna Seca/1 to Losail/1).-
8th Imola win for Rea, reinforcing his position as the all-time record winner here (Checa follows at 5).
- Rea recorded the 13th straight win for a British rider in Imola.
- 23rd podium in a row for Rea: if he climbs on the podium on Sunday in both races, he will equal the all-time record string of Colin Edwards, set in 2002(Valencia/2 to Imola/2, 2002).
- In Race 1 Rea became the first rider with 13 Imola podiums, leaving Sykes at 12.
- So far Rea has climbed on the podium in all his races for Kawasaki in Imola (9 out of 9), and this was his 12th straight podium here (since 2013 Race 2).
- Rea is nearing two podium-related records: this was his 146th rostrum placement and his 104th for Kawasaki: he needs four more to become the firstrider with 150 WorldSBK podiums and to beat the record of podiums for a single manufacturer (Sykes, 107 for Kawasaki).
- In Superpole, Rea recorded his 9th front row start: this is his best track for front rows (Algarve and Magny Cours follow at 7).