Johnny Rea is the Superbike recordman. Here are some data before the penultimate weekend of the season:
- This is the fifth season for Rea with at least 10 wins after 2015 (14); 2017 (16); 2018 (17); 2019 (17).
- Rea’s next win (99th) will move him 40 clear of his best rival (Fogarty, 59) and the following one will be his 100th, a first for WorldSBK history.
- For the ninth time this season Rea led all the race laps. Last year he recorded this feat 10 times.
- Rea recorded the 6th straight win for Kawasaki at Magny-Cours, equalling the best streak for a manufacturer at this track set by Ducati in the 1991,2003 and 2004 weekends.
- The Superpole race will be Rea’s 300th in WorldSBK, the 160th for Kawasaki.
- 16th straight front row in Superpole for Rea: one short of the all-time record streak of 17 set by Scott Russell (Brands Hatch 1993 to Albacete 1994: atthe time the front row comprised of four riders).
- To clinch the title he must be 87 points clear of his best rival after the Superpole Race or 62 clear after Race 2.