"There is an option to get there in 2019. My problem? The Michelins are delicate and I create problems for myself. Marquez left me gobsmacked"
You are here
OCTO Pramac Yakhnich
- The Australian immediately at ease on the red bike: "I'm surprised by its stability at the front and in braking, I think it suits my style"
- "Embarrassing gaps for us mere mortals. Defend Andrea? If it is wet, I'll aim for the podium, but looking at the times today, no one will be able to help him"
- "It's a track that suits the Ducati well though I really suffer with the heat. My worry? The track doesn't dry, I noticed this in the F1 race"
- Danilo jokes after the win that got away: "Incredible to see them battle. What did Andrea show? That he has balls too"
- "He is the man to beat. I am surprised at this first row, in the race I'll have to fight the temptation and not attack from the start"
- Danilo 6th in the wet after a week in bed: "I broke the ice. I missed the flying lap but I am satisfied with my pace"
- Seven weeks of hell for Danilo in the run up to Motegi. He jokes: "I got salmonella and couldn't train, but at least I lost a couple of kilos"
- "I thought I would be able to win until the end. Yielding the position to Dovi? It is not a good image for the sport, I hope I can help him in the upcoming races"
- "Less than the guys high in the standings. I am half satisfied, at the moment I can't think about the podium in the dry"
- "A pole position would repay me for the front row that was taken from me at Mugello. The new fairing? The bike is more stable but heavy in the direction changes"
- The Honda Marc VDS rider reveals the details of negotiations that got underway months ago: "it was time for a change, I feel ready and excited"
- Fifth in qualifying but worried about the race: "I do not have a good pace and I am consistently among the slowest on the straight"
- "We need to analyse the data, just a small change on the bike but a lot worse. Dovizioso is making the difference"
- "it was a mistake to use it in FP3, it could have helped if we'd taken things slowly. Happier with 8th place than the front rows at the last GPs"