SBK, Leon Camier's adventure with Barni at risk

The tests at Misano were agonizing for the British rider and now Barnabò's team is starting to look around for an alternative

Share


A tough test, to the point of finishing last with a delay of over three and a half seconds behind Scott Redding's Panigale V4. At Misano, Leon Camier hoped to find the right condition and confidence in the Ducati. Instead, everything went wrong.

To complicate matters are the rider's health problems, since he's still suffering with his shoulder after the surgery he underwent in December. In recent months, the British rider has tried to recover but, in the end, every effort seems to have been in vain: "During the stop, I trained, making sure not to strain my shoulder too much," Leon said. "In the last few weeks, I haven't had problems with riding the Supermotard or the trial. I don't know if it's the riding position combined with the violent braking of the Superbike or something else."

So he's disappointented: “I'm really disappointed that I can't ride at my level and fully exploit the potential of the bike. I'm also sorry for Barni and the team. They're a group of guys who work hard, and they continue to follow me even now. There's something wrong and, with the help of the doctors, we'll try to understand what's happening as soon as possible."

At this point, participating in the Jerez round, scheduled for August, as well as the risk of a separation between the parties, should be considered. In fact, remembering Losail, which then didn't take place, Barnabò had already pre-warned Ferrari. The team principal has an opinion on the matter: "The team strongly believes in the direction we decided to take with Leon and, during this break, we've always believed that he could be one-hundred percent okay again," he said. The doctors had assured that the rider would be ready for the start of the championship. Leon wasn't in pain when training, but when we got on the track in Misano, he realized he couldn't ride like he knows how to. That's why we decided to immediately consult the doctors and get the complete picture of the situation."

 

Share

Translated by Leila Myftija

Related articles