The Dutchman will stand in for Jonas Folger in Malaysia and is likely to also ride at the final round of Valencia
You are here
Movistar Yamaha MotoGP
- The Frenchman is mathematically Rookie of the Year: "That was the goal at the beginning of the year. Now I want sixth place in the Championship. A pity about the podium, but the best race of the year"
- The Spaniard finishes ahead of Yamaha trio Rossi, Viñales and Zarco, Dovizioso thirteenth beaten out by Redding and Pedrosa, Iannone 6th
- "It's too cold. Everyone agrees in Safety Commission". On the race tomorrow: "I'm hoping for sun but I don't have the pace to stay with the leaders"
- The Spaniard is concerned for the race: "In mixed conditions I'll struggle to maintain the pace of the other riders"
- The Frenchman: "Lorenzo? When I overtook him in Motegi I knew what I was doing. In the race duelling with other riders is normal"
- "Much better than in February, one of the worst tests with Yamaha. What do we need to work on? The electronics, Honda and Ducati are better"
- The Spaniard gets a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel: "I have the same pace as Marquez but I struggle too much with the tyres and on the last sector"
- The Spaniard sets the bar in the second session, Crutchlow 4th, Viñales 5th with a crash, Iannone 7th, Lorenzo 11th ahead of Rossi
- What the riders had to say during Thursday's press conference at Phillip Island
- Maverick does not give up "In the winter tests I was the fastest at Phillip Island, it won't be over until all the points are distributed"
- "Before working in preparation for 2018, we need to focus on this weekend. Phillip Island is as beautiful as it is difficult"
- The Doctor hopes for good weather: "I want to solve the problems that we've had as soon as possible and get back to completing good races"
- Dovizioso and Marquez mix emotions and adrenaline with the water. A grand Italy in Moto3, Lorenzo and Yamaha behind the blackboard in a timeout
- The German is still in Europe undergoing tests, the Australian rider will ride his Team Tech 3 M1